The general concept of glass is considered to be hard and brittle, and it is not suitable as a structural material. However, when it is drawn into a wire, its strength is greatly increased and it is soft, so that it can finally become an excellent structural material after being given a shape by a resin. Glass fiber has the following advantages:
1. High tensile strength and small elongation (3%).
2. High modulus of elasticity and good rigidity.
3. The elastic limit has a large elongation and a high tensile strength, so the absorption impact energy is large.
4. Inorganic fiber, non-combustible and chemically resistant.
5. Stability and heat resistance are good.